Ettinger Vickers Solicitors
Ettinger Vickers Solicitors

Care Home Fees

Concerned about paying for residential Nursing Home or Dementia Home fees?

We can help people concerned about residential Care Home Fees:

  1. If you, a friend or relative are in a Care Home, Nursing Home or Dementia Care Home and you are concerned about paying the fees and losing any assets then we can advise you.
  2. You would like to plan for your future care - We can prepare a Preservation of Family Assets Plan.

The financial support for people who require permanent or temporary residential support in a Care Home, Nursing Home or Dementia Home is a complex issue. Your home may be used as collateral by the Local Authority and it is important to plan ahead to protect your assets.

Is my home at risk?

If your partner requires care and you remain in the family home then the asset is exempt but on the death of that person or in the event they also need residential care then the home becomes an asset that the local authority can use to pay for the ongoing fees.

By planning ahead through the use of trusts and asset transfers you can plan to leave your assets for your children or beneficiaries. We do this through a Preservation of Family Asset Plan.

Next step

Book an appointment for a free, no obligation review of your circumstances. Please contact us here.

"Thank you very much for all your help"

"Graham was genuinely interested in doing the best for us"